SCUM CINEMA PRESENTS:
VENUE: The Arts House Screening Room
DATE & TIME: 19 December 2014, 8:30pm
RATING: M18 (Violence and Sexual reference)
COST: Free admission
The Society for Cult and Underground Movies (SCUM Cinema) is a Singapore-based collective of film fanatics. Apart from featuring the latest news and reviews about alternative movies on their popular blog, SCUM Cinema is collaborating with the Arts House (Screening Room) to curate a series of bi-monthly, free screenings of cult classics ranging from kungfu, blaxploitation to creature features and everything in-between!
Director: Yoshiaki Kawajiri
Cast: Yamadera Kouichi, Shinohara Emi.
1993 \ 94min \ Japan \ M18 (Consumer advice: Violence & sexual scenes)
Swords shatter, blood sprays and demons suck the life out of dying men as the wildest samurai adventure ever made is unleashed to tear your senses asunder! Jubei Kibagami has always been the master dealer of death, but in rescuing a ninja woman from a monster he sets loose a chain of events that puts death in his own veins and sends them on a nightmarish odyssey through a surreal and demon-infested ancient Japan.
How do demonic possessions, an annihilated village and a man Jubei thought safely buried in his past all connect? Prepare your mind and steel your gut for the insanely gore-packed orgy of violence that still stands alone and unchallenged as one of the ultimate anime action feature!
IMPORTANT NOTES — PLEASE READ
- “Ninja Scroll” is rated M18. Only adults aged 18 years or above are allowed into the screening room. Please have your ID ready for checks — you will not be allowed entry if you fail to produce a valid ID upon request.
- This is a free event and seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement). Once you’ve submitted your request, we will confirm your reservation. Your seats are not reserved until you hear back from us. Do note that you are only allowed to reserve a maximum of 2 tickets per transaction.
- Please inform us if you are not able to make it soonest possible so that the tickets will be released to those who are on the waiting list.
- “Ninja Scroll” will start screening at 830PM on Dec 19. Please be at The Arts House Screening Room before 8PM to register and collect your wrist tags. Otherwise, we will release your seats to the general public.
- Seat reservations will close on Dec 18, 6:30pm.